Keanu Reeves, is known for his iconic and breathtaking performances in a number of English movies. Here’s a compilation of 8 Keanu Reeves movies that you should check out if you love him.
- The John Wick Series- This film chronicles a retired assassin who gets back on work to get some revenge. John Wick epitomizes the ideal way to go about fight choreography and straight-up style and is the suavest, slick and well-dressed action saga in the recent past. Apart from suits, guns and epic dialogues the movie also has a bunch of cute dogs scattered here and there.
- The Matrix Trilogy- This story is of a hacker/ computer programmer who realizes that his entire reality is a made-up one. This is the film series that kickstarted Keanu in a big way and is perhaps the only film series that surpasses John Wick’s fashion statements with sleek billowing leather robes.
- The Bill & Ted Movies- Way back in 1989, before Keanu became a mega action star with a sombre reputation, Keanu played the consistently dopey and lovably goofy Ted in the cult classic Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. The story is about Bill and Ted who are two high school slackers who believe in the power of rock music, that supremely angers their parents but might be a key to save the world.
- Constantine- This film based on a character from the DC comics is delightfully gothic and suave and tells the tale of a tortured man who has a range of powers that includes random arguments with Satan and the ability to talk to angels. He helps a police officer prove his sister’s death to not be a suicide. At the time of its release, this film was quite special with out-of-the-box ideas that were different from the generic cinema.
- The Devil’s Advocate- This is a supernatural thriller starring Charlize Theron and Al Pacino. Here Keanu plays a skilled lawyer who gets recruited at the high-end New York City law firm and he soon realizes that his boss is more than just a human being.
- A Scanner Darkly- This Sci-fi thriller is a dark and deliciously depressing story of an undercover agent, Bob, who investigates the trade of a mysterious drug that is hallucinating in nature. Later, Bob himself ends up as a drug addict. This film is entirely shot in a rotoscope setting.
- Speed- This film was played three times a day on TV after its launch and is a typical high-octane, old-school action movie. This film is about the characters of Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock who navigates through a local bus where someone has implanted a bomb and if the bus slows down beyond a certain limit, the bomb would burst.
- Point Break- This campy but thoroughly enjoyable action movie is about Keanu as an undercover FBI agent who infiltrates a gang of surfers suspected of bank robberies. Matters are complicated when he develops a friendship with the gang’s leader.